Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How did I get here?

Aw, Capitol Building, how I miss thee . . .
I honestly never thought I'd end up living in the South. If you would have asked me 10 years ago, 10 months ago, 10 weeks ago, I would have laughed in your face. But here I am. So how did I get here? It was love, duh. Not love of country music or fried foods (there is a lot of both down here), but the love of a very handsome man. 

Handsome was offered a job in his home state of Georgia and we decided to move to Atlanta so he could take it. The cost of living is lower, I was getting sick of the politics and we both needed a change of pace and scenery. 

I moved to D.C. (where Handsome and I met) soon after college and considered it to be the South-- certainly the most South I'd ever consider living. Boy was I wrong. I'm slowly getting used to how things work down here and hope to share, amongst other things, my observations and what I've learned about my new surroundings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment