Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Southern Living Plus

You can drive directly to where you need to be and park in a parking lot! This was not the norm when I lived in D.C. Even trips to the grocery store involved parking garages and sometimes, they are even free.
Photo courtesy of monopoly.wikia.com



I went to Trader Joe's the other day. I never went to any of the locations in D.C. and Arlington because I hated dealing with the parking situation. But there is one down the street from me and I relished pulling in the parking lot. 

Just about two years ago, my iPhone broke (software glitch, not my fault) and to fix it I went to the Apple Store in both Pentagon City Mall and Clarendon  and had to pay for parking for each trip-- and there were multiple before I finally had a working phone.

Last week I dropped my iPhone in the toilet at the Braves game. So embarrassing. While it cost more than I wanted it to to get a working phone again, I didn't pay for parking on my two trips to the Verizon store or my two trips to the cell phone repair shop. 

I don't even like driving, but I'm definitely loving being able to get in my car, go where I need to go and park in a lot. After all, it's the little things, right?

2 comments: