Thursday, October 10, 2013

Food can help ease homesickness

I'm truly enjoying living in the South so far. Handsome has some wonderful friends and family that live here and I like spending time with them. The weather has been flawless-- my D.C. friends keep talking about how it's raining up there, but it's 70 degrees and sunny here. That being said, sometimes I really do miss home, both PA and D.C.-- especially when the Eagles played the Redskins for the first Monday Night Football game of the year. But I've found that cooking recipes from my childhood, or inspired by a favorite D.C. restaurant really help ease my homesickness. I'm going to share some recipes here that are helping ease the transition for me.

So stay tuned for recipes! Until then, check out my Examiner.com cooking articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment